- B.S.B., Accounting & Finance, University of Minnesota – Carlson School of Management
- M.B.T., University of Minnesota – Carlson School of Management
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA)
- Member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Member of the Minnesota Society of Certified Public Accountants (MNCPA)
- Member of the Minnesota Multi Housing Association (MHA)
- John is a Tax Manager in our Minneapolis office with over 9 years of public accounting experience. He is responsible for reviewing tax returns for privately held companies in excess of $50 million in revenues and assisting staff and clients comply with the internal revenue code. He is also a presenter for various industry associations on tax law changes and other tax matters.
- John has experience assisting businesses and individuals with complex tax law.
- Experience as a real estate investor and all areas of real estate taxation including investment strategy and other consulting matters.
- Experience preparing and reviewing tax returns for privately held companies.
- Experience providing complex corporate and individual tax planning.
- Experience identifying, claiming, and defending Research & Development tax credits.
- Experience advising clients on entity selection, reorganizations, mergers & acquisitions, and liquidation matters.
Interests & Hobbies
When John is not in the office, he’s spending time with his family and working on renovating his rental properties. John also enjoys attending sporting events, spending the weekend up north, and meeting friends to catch up over an aged whiskey or a fine cigar. If you want to talk about the tax services our firm can provide, or how to invest in real estate, call John.
Industries: Real Estate