- B.S., Accounting, Minnesota State University, Moorhead
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Certified Information Technology Professional (CITP)
- Certified Client Accounting Advisory Services Professional (CAAS)
- Member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Member of the Certified Information Technology Professional section of the AICPA
- Member of the Minnesota Society of Certified Public Accountants (MNCPA)
Dea has over 30 years of experience related to closely held, for-profit businesses, focusing on consulting with management teams, income tax planning and preparation, merger and acquisition consulting, special projects, and implementation of accounting systems.
- Experienced in financial management and forward planning including budgeting and cash flow modeling, tax calculations and modeling, strategic planning, and board support
- Resource for start-up through mature closely held companies regarding organization and process consulting, accounting training and support, and tax compliance and representation
- Provide forecasting, planning, and consulting on mergers and acquisitions including structure and tax options
- Support the industries of manufacturing, construction, and distribution with costing and inventory management
- Participate on a variety of management teams
- Mentor, train, and resource to controllers
- Contract CFO experience
Interests & hobbies
Dea has been involved with many volunteer and community service groups including Andover Husky Youth Hockey Association, New Brighton Stockyard Days, and the School Advisory Commission and the Pastoral Leadership Council of St John the Baptist Church and School.
Dea and her family also frequently participate in Feed My Starving Children and support HOPE 4 Youth.
When Dea is not in the office, she enjoys spending time with her husband and two children, who are very active in scouting, soccer, hockey and trap shooting. If Dea isn’t at one of the kids’ sporting events cheering them on, you will probably find her at the gym kickboxing, working in her garden, fishing, taking pictures, scrapbooking or enjoying a nice glass of wine with friends.
Services: Accounting Services, Business Planning, Management Consulting, Tax Services, Merger/Acquisition Consulting, Workflow/ERP Systems
Industries: Manufacturing, Medtech, Distribution, Construction and Real Estate