- B.S., Accounting, University of Minnesota Duluth
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Member of American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Member of Minnesota Society of Certified Public Accountants (MNCPA)
- Active member of the Printing Industry of Minnesota Financial Executive Forum
Mel is the president of LB Carlson. Mel’s public accounting experience spans more than 30 years. During that time, Mel has become a specialist in assisting clients in the manufacturing, graphic arts and professional services industries.
- Provides management advisory services in business organization and long-term business planning
- Has assisted numerous clients with mergers and acquisitions
- Involved in traditional and nontraditional accounting, including entity planning and financing assistance
- Assists business owners with a variety of tax and management consulting issues
- Provides litigation support and expert testimony
- Has conducted numerous seminars on forecasting, business planning and operations reviews
Interests & hobbies
When Mel is not watching his sons play baseball, he’s most likely at a Minnesota professional sporting event. Whether the Vikings, Twins or the Wild, Mel will be watching. Mel is not only devoted to Minnesota sports; he is devoted to his clients, always going above and beyond.